Quick Takes: 2-4 players 30-45 minutes Ages 8+ Level 1 (easy to learn, quick to play and FUN!)
Find your internal artist, in this lovely, simple game of artful tile design. The theme comes from azulejos tiles that were originally created by the Moors and became famous when King Manuel I of Portugal decorated his palace with them.
Game play is simple, but the game is not overly simplistic! Players take turns drafting tiles for their board from suppliers. Points are earned for completing designs with bonus points for certain combinations. The twists come when you also lose points at the end for tiles you cannot place. Your strategy needs to be balanced between offense (taking tiles your opponent needs) and defense (ensuring you are completing your own designs.
- Beauty - a pleasure to behold. Each element is thoughtfully designed.
- Simplicity - easy setup, quick learning curve
- Artistic creativity - this game lets you channel your inner designer, winning style points for your creations
- Family fun - not too complicated for younger gamers, but still interesting for adults. Just the right balance!
- Spiel des Jahres Winner - 2018
- Meeples Choice Winner - 2017
- As d'Or Jeu de l'annee Winner -2018
- and many, many more