Quick Takes: 1-5 players 40-70 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play and FUN!)
It's a whole new world down under! This expansion to Wingspan features the colorful and awe-inspiring birds of Oceania. The Oceania bird cards are designed to be shuffled into the bird cards from the core game, with or without the other expansion, Wingspan: European Expansion. Meet new birds like the kookaburra, kiwi, emu, and kea - there are 95 new birds in all.
This expansion also includes new player mats and a new food type (nectar!), allowing players to explore different strategies in Oceania. This Oceania expansion also includes new bonus cards and more end-of-round goals, as well as yellow eggs. Used up your old scoring pad? No worries mate, because there is a fresh score pad in the box too. You do need the core game Wingspan to play.
- Beauty - a pleasure to behold; each element is thoughtfully designed
- Thoughtful addition - not only does this expansion add a great set of new birds to Wingspan, but it also adds some new depth to play and fun add-ons like a nectar food source
- All the buzz - this game has gotten a lot of positive press
- Cool story - the designer picked the birds of Oceania for this expansion in order to shed light on the sheer number of birds affected by the terrible Australian wildfires. Publisher Stonemaier Games also made a donation to a wildlife rescue organization in Australia.
- Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner - 2019
- Swiss Gamers Winner - 2019