Quick Takes: 1-5 players 90-120 minutes Ages 12+ Level 2 (slightly more complex or takes longer than the classics we all think of)
Questions about Trials? Glad you asked! Here are some key things to know before you purchase:
- We do open box trials of games for 30 days. The 30 day trial period starts from the date you receive the game
- At the end of the 30 day trial, you have two options: (1) if you love and want to keep your game you will be invoiced for the open box cost of $70 less the trial fee paid or (2) you can return the game using our pre-paid return label
- You will receive an open box, excellent condition game. We thoroughly inspect and sanitize all pieces in between trials.
- At checkout we require you to agree to our full terms and conditions you can see here
- Any other questions? please reach out email@example.com
About the game: In Tapestry, you are in charging of developing and nurturing your civilization with the goal of creating the most interesting stories. At the start, each player chooses a different civilization with its own unique set of abilities. Game play is relatively simple where players have two options on each turn- an income turn or an advancement turn.
Income turns are where you civilization will advance to the next era and longer/more complex than advancement turns. There is a limit of five total income turns for each player and the game ends when everyone has taken their five.
Advancement turns are where you civilization gains new skills in areas including science, military, exploration or technology. These turns are quick and boil down to paying to get the new ability. The winner is the person with the most victory points which are scored during the income turns
Tapestries, a form of textile art, have been woven for thousands of years and across cultures to tell stories. Like other Jamey Stegmaier games, Tapestry is a simple but highly effective name for this game.Why we chose this game for Board's Edge:
- Strategy - with several decisions to make every turn, this game is far more strategy than luck
- Gateway game - we think this is a nice midweight game with a bit more complexity and longer playing time than our entry level games
- Design - the pieces and artwork are very beautiful and corresponding cards to help you understand pieces and symbols are intuitive