Quick Takes: 1-5 players 90 - 120 minutes Ages 12+ Level 2 (slightly more complex or takes longer than the classics we all think of)
About the game: In Tapestry, you are in charging of developing and nurturing your civilization with the goal of creating the most interesting of stories. At the start, each player chooses a different civilization with its own unique set of abilities. Game play is relatively simple where players have two options on each turn- an income turn or an advancement turn.
Income turns are where you civilization will advance to the next era and longer/more complex than advancement turns. There is a limit of five total income turns for each player and the game ends when everyone has taken their five.
Advancement turns are where you civilization gains new skills in areas including science, military, exploration or technology. These turns are quick and boil down to paying to get the new ability. The winner is the person with the most victory points which are scored during the income turns
Tapestries, a form of textile art, have been woven for thousands of years and across cultures to tell stories and thus like other Stegmaier designed games its a simple but highly effective name for this game.Why we chose this game for Board's Edge:
- Strategy - with several decisions to make every turn, this game is far more strategy than luck
- Gateway game - we think this is a nice mid weight game with a bit more complexity and longer playing time than our entry level games
- Design - the pieces and artwork are very beautiful and corresponding cards to help you understand pieces and symbols are intuitive
- Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee - 2019
- UK Games Expo Best New Board Game People's Choice Winner - 2020
- Meeples' Choice Nominee - 2019