Quick Takes: 2-4 players 45 minutes Ages 8+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play and FUN!)
Visually stunning Takenoko is all about being the best bamboo gardener among your fellow players. Can you think of a more fun theme for game night?
In the game, build your bamboo garden by laying out colored hex tiles. Similar to games like Carcassonne, the tile laying element means no two games will be exactly the same, and the board itself is always evolving during the game. In addition to building your bamboo garden, you need to irrigate and fertilize it as well as move the gardener to create new bamboo sections and move the panda to eat the colorful bamboo.
You can earn points in three different ways (through objective cards you draw): garden layout, bamboo growth, and bamboo eaten. Being strategic about which cards you choose and how you design your garden is the key to victory, so don't just focus on the cuddly panda!
- Simplicity - easy to learn (very simple) rules
- Family fun - this is great for family game night, especially as an introductory strategy game for elementary school age children
- Beauty - the components are artistic and well made
- As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Winner - 2012
- Spiel der Spiele Hit für Familien Recommended - 2012
- Lys Grand Public Winner - 2012