Quick Takes: 1-5 players 90 - 115 minutes Ages 14+ Level 3 (advanced, looking for a challenge)
Questions about Trials? Glad you asked! Here are some key things to know before you purchase:
- We do open box trials of games for 30 days. The 30 day trial period starts from the date you receive the game
- At the end of the 30 day trial, you have two options: (1) if you love and want to keep your game you will be invoiced for the open box cost of $60 less the trial fee paid or (2) you can return the game using our pre-paid return label
- You will receive an open box, excellent condition game. We thoroughly inspect and sanitize all pieces in between trials.
- At checkout we require you to agree to our full terms and conditions you can see here
- Any other questions? please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org
Set in an alternative 1920s, Scythe is an engine building game (in an engine-builder, you slowly build up resources) where each player is a fallen leader in post-war Europa. The goal is to restore yourself to your former glory by conquering territories, enlisting new recruits, gaining villagers, reaping resources and building structures. This game is pure play strategy, with very little luck involved. All decisions, including combat, are up to you. In a fun twist, there is a popularity mechanic - the people in the territories you hold have to like you. This dissuades most major combat, making this game play more like the Cold War than a World War.If you like other resource gathering games like Agricola, this is a nice step up in terms of complexity. The artwork and pieces are also beautiful.
- Strategy - this game gets you thinking
- We <3 Jamey Stegmaier, but seriously, he is a great game designer