Quick Takes: 1-4 players 60-90 minutes Ages 10+ Level 3 (advanced, looking for a challenge)
In Root, our favorite asymmetric strategy game, you play as adorable woodland creatures intent on taking sole control of the forest. This is a perfect game for competitive people and rewards you for making alliances and immediately breaking them.
We find that Root plays better at 4 players than it does at 2. Since two is the most common player count in our Board's Edge Games household, we immediately ordered Root: The Clockwork Expansion for ourselves and carry it in our store.
This expansion features automated factions so that you can play against a full set of factions (4) even with a lower play count. As a bonus, the automated factions have fun names (Mechanical Marquise, Vagabot, Electric Eyrie, and the Automated Alliance). You can even play this solo or as a cooperative game. Choose as many automated factions as you need to complement Root. This is an expansion, not a complete game, so you do need to core Root game to play.
- We love Root so much at Board's Edge Games that we established a weekly Root night - but we can't always field 4 players. Enter: The Clockwork Expansion!
- Unique - very few games have this style of game play and interaction
- Competition - don't be shy
- Strategy - brush up on your negotiating skills; a roll of the dice won't let you win this one!
- 4x Golden Geek Winner: Most Innovative Board Game, Board Game of the Year, Board Game Artwork Presentation, and Thematic Board Game - 2018