Quick Takes: 2-4 players 45 minutes Ages 6+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
Qwirkle is an accessible family game. It is similar to classic favorites like Dominoes (with no math) or Scrabble (with no letters). In fact, this game is perfect for friends or families with that one member who memorized all the silly Scrabble words like "swarf" and "qat" and are exhausting to play with (you know who you are!).
Game play is as simple as matching colors and shapes using tiles, but this game also requires tactical maneuvers and well-planned strategy. Each player has 6 tiles that are hidden from the other players. On each turn, a player earns points by laying tiles down by either matching a color or symbol to a tile already in play. It's a great family game, learnable within minutes and plays quite quickly.
Why we chose it for Board's Edge Games:
- Classic with a twist - similar to games you know and love, but with a twist to keep it fresh and interesting
- Family fun - intuitive, family friendly game
- Simplicity - easy to play, with a quick learning curve
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Parents' Choice Gold Award - 2007
- Mensa Select Winner - 2007
- Spiel des Jahres Winner - 2011