Quick Takes: 2 players 15-30 minutes Ages 6+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play and FUN!)
Patchwork is a fun tile-laying game of patchwork quilts and buttons from award-winning game designer Uwe Rosenberg. Each player has their own 9x9 quilt board, and the goal is to make a prettier quilt than the other player.
Buttons are currency for buying new patchworks (i.e. patches or fabric remnants) on turns, and each player starts with five buttons. Players purchase from the same patchworks stock so choose carefully as the other player may take the patchwork you need!
Time is tracked in this game, with players moving up a tracker after each fabric purchase, so make sure to complete your quilt before time is up. As you play, you are rewarded with more buttons and the occasional free patchwork piece. At the end of the game, points are tallied by how many buttons you have, and points are deducted for any unquilted areas on your board. So build out that quilt and stockpile those buttons to win!
The rules are simple, and the theme is fun!
If you are looking for a similar game play and level of difficulty, we suggest you check out Barenpark, another quick and fun game for family game night with younger gamers and those who love bears (or both)!
- Family fun - great for family game night
- Simplicity - easy set-up with a quick learning curve
- Two player - this one was specifically designed just for two!
- Built in time tracker keeps games close to the estimate
- Spiel des Jahres Recommended - 2015
- Golden Geek Best Abstract Game Winner - 2014
- Spiel der Spiele Special Prize Winner - 2015