Quick Takes: 1-5 players 40-70 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
PARKS is a celebration of our National Parks featuring gorgeous art from the Fifty-Nine Parks series.
In PARKS, players take on the role of two hikers as they trek through different trails across four seasons of the year. While on the trail, the goal is to collect memories (but don't litter or take the actual wilderness - golden rules!). The more memories you collect, the more national parks you can visit.
Each trail represents one season of the year, and each season, the trails will change and grow steadily longer. The trails, represented by tiles, get shuffled in between each season and laid out anew for the next round. Resources can be tough to come by especially when someone is at the place you’re trying to reach! Campfires allow you to share a space and time with other hikers. Canteens and Gear can also be used to improve your access to resources through the game. It’ll be tough to manage building up your engine versus spending resources on parks, but we bet you’re up to the challenge. Welcome to PARKS!
You might also like PARKS: Nightfall, a PARKS expansion with even more fun and some unique "overnight" elements like campsites.
Why We Chose This Game for Board's Edge Games:
- Wanderlust - in a year where it was hard for many of us to explore our National Parks (or... anywhere at all), the board game PARKS is a great way to enjoy some of the amazing sites we have here at home.
- Family fun - this is great for family game night striking the right balance between interesting for adults and not too challenging for kids
- Beauty - the art is simply stunning
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Family Game Winner - 2019
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Game from a Small Publisher - 2019