Quick Takes: 2-4 players 45 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play and FUN!)
It’s any year but the year 2020. Several virulent diseases have broken out simultaneously all over the world! You and your fellow players work as CDC team members who race to treat diseases, find cures, and stem outbreaks all across the globe before time runs out.
The game board is a highly stylized world map. (Don't worry, you aren't that bad at geography. Again, it's highly stylized!). Taking a unique role within the team, players must plan their strategy to mesh with their specialists' strengths in order to conquer the diseases. (And be warned, some roles are easier to dispense with than others. We find that the Medic, the Scientist, and the Operations Specialist are a power combination.)
On each turn, a player can use up to four actions to travel between cities, treat infected populaces, discover a cure, or build a research station. A deck of cards provides the players with these abilities, but sprinkled throughout this deck are Epidemic! cards that accelerate and intensify the diseases' activity. A second, separate deck of cards controls the "normal" spread of the infections. You win if you cure all the diseases before you run out the clock.
- Strategy - this game gets you thinking
- Cooperative - play with your friends, not against them
- Oscar nominee - nominated for the German Board Game Oscars (Spiel des Jahres)
- Great over Zoom for socially-distanced game nights!
- Spiel des Jahres Nominee - 2009
- Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner - 2009
- Games Magazine Best New Family Game Winner - 2009