Quick Takes: 1-4 players 20 minutes Ages 8+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
Imagine brightly colored Tetris-style numbers that you stack to earn points, and you've probably got a good idea of what NMBR9 is like. Players build their own displays by stacking number tiles that match cards drawn from a deck. The higher the stack, the higher your score. Sounds simple (and it is - to learn!), though game rules on stacking kick in to regulate how quickly you should build upwards.
Setup is simple - just shuffle the number cards and you're ready to play. In fact, we can't stop playing this at our house, and there's three reasons why: it's quick to set up and play, it's a fun mental challenge, and the rules are simple.
One of our favorite reviews of NMBR9 on BoardGameGeek also had this to say: "And guess who the biggest player of NMBR9 is? Mom! And you know when mom loves a game, you’ve got a hit." Indeed!
Love puzzle games like NMBR9? You might also like Sagrada.
- Family fun - great for family game night, striking the right balance between interesting for adults and not too challenging for kids
- Beauty - the colored number tiles are surprisingly lovely to look at. It was one of those games Annie saw on Instagram and just had to have!
- Puzzled? Puzzled! We love puzzle games - especially ones that work just as well for 1-2 players as for 4
- Easy to learn, hard to master
- Spiel der Spiele "Hit for Families" Recommended - 2017