Quick Takes: 1-5 players 90-180 minutes Ages 14+ Level 3 (advanced, looking for a challenge)
"In space, no one can hear you scream". If you can identify that quote (and itching to watch it again), Nemesis is likely the game for you!
In Nemesis you and your fellow crewmates find yourself on a tattered ship in deep space that's being completely infiltrated by swarms of intruders (alien organisms). The game is considered semi-cooperative as your fellow crewmates may turn on you at any time but you all share the goal of survival and will not be able to win alone
At the start, each player draws a different role on the ship that follows suit with societal stereo types in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Any guess what the scientist is good at but the soldier isn't? Players also each start with their own set of cards that allow for various moves
To win the game, you have to complete one of the two objectives dealt to you at the start of the game (which may or may not clash with other teammates) and get back to Earth in one piece. Beware though the longer the game takes, the stronger the intruders get and the more likelihood one of your fellow crewmates steals an escape pod
The gameplay of Nemesis is designed to be full of climactic moments which, hopefully, you will find rewarding even when your best plans are ruined and your character meets a terrible fate.
- Strategy - while you also need some luck to get out alive, a strong strategy (and a bit of psychology) are necessary here
- Meets the challenge - So many twists and turns, with very original mechanics lots of challenges for even the most experienced gamers
- Replay -- we promise no two games are the same
- Gra Roku Best Thematic Gamer Winner - 2020
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Thematic Game Winner - 2019
- Cardboard Republic Immersionist Laurel Winner - 2019