Quick Takes: 1-4 players 60-90 minutes Ages 12+ Level 2 (slightly more complex or takes longer than the classics we all think of)
Unleash your inner Lara Croft! (We're a women-owned business, so of course our explorer of choice is Lara. You can pretend you're Indiana Jones if that's more your speed). Get ready to explore jungles, find artifacts, and discover the Lost Ruins of Arnak!
In this unique combination of worker placement and deck building, players lead rival expeditions to uncover the lost island’s secrets. Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to get as close to the mysterious temple ruins as possible. Beware the guardians.
In addition to traditional deck-builder effects, cards can also be used to place workers. Decks are small, and randomness is heavily mitigated by the wealth of tactical decisions offered on the game board. Building a solid resource base is essential. Each of the choices you have to make are relevant to the theme (it's really, really easy to forget that you are not actually Indiana Jones or Lara Croft), and there are a lot of choices to make each and every turn.
With a variety of worker actions, artifacts, and equipment cards, the setup for each game is unique, encouraging players to explore new strategies to meet the challenge.
Why we chose this for Board's Edge Games:
- Hot title - first printing sold out very very quickly
- Replayability - with a wide variety of potential game set-ups, the game encourages players to explore new strategies
- Great introduction to Euro games - for those not ready to jump straight to heavyweights like Terra Mystica or Maracaibo
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Golden Geek Medium Weight Game of the Year Winner - 2020
- Just announced! Nominated for the Kennerspiel des Jahres - 2021