Quick Takes: 2 players 30 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play and FUN!)About the game:
Into the woods we go.
In this cooperative card game, you and your partner travel through the fairy woods on a mission to rescue a missing musician. On the way, you help foxes and other woodland creatures, who thank you by giving you special abilities. Escape from the fairy woods with the musician and pick up the gems along the way - but don't get lost in the forest. You play (and win) with tricks (no, not like a tricky fox - like a card game!). Your team has eleven turns (tricks) each round to win cards and achieve objectives, and you play three rounds overall.
For such a small game, this game packs a big strategy punch. The Fox in the Forest Duet is easy to learn, teach, and play which makes it a great game for a casual game night. Being able to play the right card, especially if it has the right special ability, and moving the token to snag that last gem on the board is a great feeling. Another awesome feature of this game is the double-sided game board, which allows you to switch up the difficulty level.
This is a game specially designed for 2 players - and it's cooperative! Perfect for date night (especially when one partner is overly competitive... not that it applies to any of our Board's Edge Games household members!). If you prefer competitive games, try The Fox in the Forest.
- Strategy - this game gets you thinking; it packs a big punch for such a small game
- Beauty - a pleasure to behold, each element is thoughtfully designed
- Classic with a twist - similar to games you know and love (trick-taking card games like Hearts, Spades, or Bridge), but with a twist to make it fresh and interesting
- 2-player - works great for 2 players (not all games do!), and only two players
- Cooperative - play with your friends, not against them
- Spiel des Jahres Recommended - 2020
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Two Player Game Winner - 2017
Want to Learn More? Read our in-depth review.