Quick Takes: 2-4 players 30 minutes Ages 13+ (slightly more complex or takes longer than the classics we all think of)
We call these "New Classics." Like Catan, Dominion started a brand new genre of grown-up board games, and inspired a whole generation of game designers. Intrigue was the very first expansion to Dominion, quite a feat as the number of expansions today is 13! It has gotten a face-lift since the first release, and we carry the second edition of Dominion: Intrigue.
What's in this box? Intrigue brings 300 new cards to the game Dominion. It comes with 26 new Kingdom Cards, including intriguing cards (hehe) like Secret Passage, Wishing Well, and Masquerade. With these new Kingdom Cards come new choices for actions and new card powers, keeping Dominion fresh and interesting while expanding the game replayability.
Note: You must have the core game Dominion to play. This is an expansion only and does not have all the cards needed to play a game.
- We love Dominion so much, we had to have it!
- Gateway game - a good entry point into more complicated board games, this game features a lot of new rules/game playing styles but is still approachable for newbies
- Strategy - this game gets you thinking
- 2-Player - works great for 2 players (not all games do!)
Selected Awards and Honors (for core game Dominion):
- Spiel des Jahres Winner - 2009
- Games Magazine Best New Family Strategy Game Winner - 2010
- LOTS and lots more