Quick Takes: 5-6 players 90 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
In the multi-award winning game of Catan, which inspired an entire generation of new board games, the goal is to establish economic dominance on the island of Catan by building settlements, cities and roads across the hexagonal tiled board.
Each turn begins with a roll of the die which determines which resources the island produces and on each turn the respective player can play their resource cards to build road, settlements or upgrades (like turning a house into a hotel). Players score points based on their builds and the game ends when a player reaches 10 points. You have to be strategic with where you build because sometimes you just need wheat but all you get are sheep.
The core game of Catan allows for 3-4 players. This extension features settler pieces for two new players along with new harbors and additional terrain tiles to allow for fun and challenging play at a higher player count. This is an extension only and does not contain all of the pieces needed to play Catan. You need the core game to play.
- Simplicity - easy setup, quick learning curve
- Strategy - this game gets you thinking; brush up on your negotiating skills
- Zoom friendly - relatively uncomplicated to keep boards in sync for socially distanced board game nights
- Oscar winner - winner of the German Board Game Oscars (Spiel des Jahres)
Selected Awards and Honors (for core game Catan):
- Spiel des Jahres Winner - 1995
- Deutscher Spiele Preis,1st place - 1995
- And many, many, many more!