Quick Takes: 1-4 players 30-45 minutes Ages 10+ Level 2 (a little more complex or little longer than the classics we all know)
Don't you want to please feline friends Millie, Tibbit, and Coconut? We invented a cuteness vs. relaxation scale just for Calico. Players compete to sew the coziest quilt as they collect and place patches of different colors and patterns. Each quilt has a particular pattern that must be followed, and players are also trying to create color and pattern combinations that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but also able to attract the cuddliest cats! Yes, that's right, the game includes cat pieces that cuddle up onto the quilts.
Turns are simple. Select a single patch tile from your hand and "sew it" into your quilt, then draw another patch into your hand from the three available. If you are able to create a color group, you may sew a button onto your quilt. If you are able to create a pattern combination that is attractive to any of the cats, it will come over and curl up on your quilt! At the end of the game, you score points for buttons, cats, and how well you were able to complete your unique quilt pattern.
- Family fun - great for family game night
- Simplicity - easy set-up with a quick learning curve
- Cuteness - We rate this one high on the relaxing/cuteness scale (that we invented)
- Kickstarter cred - Flatout Games raised over $200,000 on Kickstarter from 6,724 cozy cat quilt fans!
- 3x Golden Geek Nominee - 2020