Quick Takes: 2-4 players 60-120 minutes Ages 14+ Level 3 (advanced, looking for a challenge)
Questions about Trials? Glad you asked! Here are some key things to know before you give it a try:
- We do open box trials of games for 30 days. The 30-day trial period starts from the date you receive the game.
- At the end of the 30-day trial, you have two options: (1) if you love it and want to keep your game, you will be invoiced for the open box cost of $65 less the trial fee paid or (2) you can return the game using our pre-paid return label.
- You will receive an open box, excellent condition game. We thoroughly inspect and sanitize all pieces in between trials.
- At checkout we require you to agree to our full terms and conditions, which you can read here.
- Any other questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a "technology tree" game. What's that? In layman's terms, the gameplay involves developing technology that unlocks new nodes of the tree (new technologies), but just like real technology development, there are often distant (or no?) payoffs. Love you Silicon Valley. The theme of this game is similar to a few other recent hot titles involving finding a means of supporting life as Earth is dying. RIP Earth. In the game, the faction leaders that once ruled Earth separately now work together to develop cutting-edge technology and explore the depths of space. However, only one leader will truly reign supreme in these new worlds. Will it be you?
Players take turns to take an action available on the technology board, then produce resources. As more technologies are researched, more actions become available to the players. Actions allow players to improve their economy, move spaceships, colonize systems, and research new technologies. Those actions belong exclusively to the player who discovers them until the other players catch up!
The game ends when a number of achievements are fulfilled, and the faction with the most points claims victory!
- Meets the challenge - the twists in this game make it a great new game for an advanced board gamer
- Replay - this game has a lot of card variations which means no two games are the same