I shot the Sheriff (this is not an admission of guilt). Bang! is a hidden role, fast playing card game with a Wild West theme. There are four roles all with their own way to win (similar dynamic to the very popular Werewords series). The roles in no particular order are: (1) Sheriff - hunt the outlaws/renegade (2) Deputy - protect the sheriff (3) Outlaw - shoot the sheriff (dare you to not sing the song) (4) renegade - last man standing.
This is purely a card game (no board, what? But we are Board's Edge!), and seating matters as it determines how far you can shoot. Our Board's Edge Games household has played this game numerous times with friends and family, and it's pretty much always a hit. With fast play, easy to understand rules, and roles for up to 7 players, this really is a great way to pass time between dinner and dessert at your next (safe!) gathering.Why we chose this game for Board's Edge:
- Simplicity - easy setup, quick learning curve, great for parties
- Hidden roles are fun (if you agree, we also suggest you check out Werewords)
- Family fun - easy for older elementary age children to learn and enjoy but engaging for adults as well
- Seating range dynamic is a fun twist
- Origins Awards Best Traditional Card Game Winner - 2003
- Lucca Games Best Original Game Winner - 2002