Quick Takes: 2-7 players 25 minutes Ages 6+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
Bring out your inner architect in this fun twist on the ever popular 7 Wonders. In this third installment of 7 Wonders, the mechanics and complexity are geared more towards families than advanced gamers. In the game, each player is set to build one of the seven wonders of the world. To build your wonder, you need to draft the right set of cards and make the right choices about which card types to take and play. Unlike some card drafting games, however, 7 Wonders Architects is more reliant on luck than strategy as there is no passing of a shared deck between players. Instead, players draw from one of three decks: two decks between them and the players to the left and right or a centralized deck.
Play is done in rounds and ends once a player has completed their wonder. Do note though completing your wonder first is not the means to win - scoring the most points is! Points are earned through a few different means: completing your wonder, collecting point cards, victory tokens (which are earned through scientific advancements and military victories). One other element of the game is that each faction does have a special ability which makes play fun!
You don't have to have any other 7 Wonders games to play. This is a fully standalone game.
- Quality of the pieces - while designed with both kids and adults pieces are very thoughtful and the wonders themselves are well wonders!
- Great for beginners - those new to gaming won't find the rules intimidating and its a great way to ease into the more complex 7 Wonders games!
- Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner - 2011
- Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner - 2011
- Golden Geek Best Card Game Winner - 2011
- And many more!
Can you name all 7 Wonders of the ancient world? Here we go: