Quick Takes: 1-4 players 30-45 minutes Ages 14+ Level 1 (easy to learn, quick to play and FUN!)
Let's face it, you may not see the real Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece in Barcelona, Spain anytime soon - but this game will tickle your inner designer and give you a taste of horizons beyond your house.
As a skilled artisan in this game, your job is to construct a stained glass window masterpiece in the Sagrada Familia in this game of dice drafting and window crafting. Players take turns pulling "glass pieces" (colored dice) for your stained glass window out of a bag (i.e. "dice drafting"). There are a LOT of dice in this game - 90 pieces in all. Windows have unique color and shade requirements, and similar dice may never be adjacent so placing each die is more challenging than the last. It works a lot like Sudoku, and although the windows are pretty to look at, it's logic rather than artistic chops that earn you victory in Sagrada.
We love that Sagrada is simple to grasp yet challenging to play, and features beautiful graphic design. This is one we reach for again and again in our Board's Edge households.
- Beauty - a pleasure to behold. Each element is thoughtfully designed.
- Simplicity - easy setup, quick learning curve
- Artistic creativity - this game lets you channel your inner designer, winning style points for your creations
- IGN Best Board Games - 2017
- Popular Mechanics Top 50 Best New Board Games - 2017
- Juego del Ano Finalist - 2018
- Meeples Choice Nominee - 2017
Want More? Read our in-depth review.