Quick Takes: 1-5 players 40-70 minutes Ages 10+ Level 1 (easy to learn, easy to play, and FUN!)
PARKS is a celebration of our National Parks featuring illustrious art from the Fifty-Nine Parks print series, and PARKS: Nightfall expands that journey. Our US national parks harbor some of the darkest skies and clearest views of the stars available, beautifully rendered here in the art of PARKS: Nightfall.
In the core game PARKS, players take on the role of two hikers as they trek through different trails across four seasons of the year. While on the trail, the goal is to collect memories (but don't litter or take the actual wilderness - golden rules!). The more memories you collect, the more national parks you can visit. This expansion Nightfall offers a whole new year of hiking for PARKS lovers to enjoy. The game includes 24 new Park cards that reward hikers with instant actions when visited, a brand new Year deck (plus some ways to gather Year cards while hiking) and the introduction of Camping (it is night, after all!).
On a recent visit to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, founder Annie and her husband went into the park after dark to see the crater and walk through the lava tube. It was a completely different experience than hiking through the park during the day. I guess it is true what they say, "Half the Park is after Dark" - the phrase that inspired PARKS: Nightfall. And yes, Hawai'i Volcanoes is featured in PARKS: Nightfall!
This is an expansion only - you need the core game PARKS to play.
Why We Chose This Game for Board's Edge Games:
- Wanderlust - in a year where it was hard for many of us to explore our National Parks (or... anywhere at all), the board game PARKS and this Nightfall expansion are a great way to enjoy some of the amazing sites we have here at home
- Family fun - this is great for family game night, striking the right balance between interesting for adults and not too challenging for kids
- Beauty - the art is simply stunning
Selected Awards and Honors for PARKS core game:
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Family Game Winner - 2019
- Board Game Quest Awards Best Game from a Small Publisher - 2019
Featured National Parks in Nightfall (how many have you visited?):
- Big Bend
- Crater Lake
- Death Valley
- Grand Teton
- Hawaii Volcanoes
- Hot Springs
- Indiana Dunes
- Kobuk Valley
- Lake Clark
- Petrified Forest
- Rocky Mountain
- White Sands
- Wind Cave