Quick Takes: 1-5 players 120 minutes Ages 12+ Level 3 (advanced, looking for a challenge)
Questions about Trials? Glad you asked! Here are some key things to know before you give it a try:
- We do open box trials of games for 30 days. The 30-day trial period starts from the date you receive the game.
- At the end of the 30-day trial, you have two options: (1) if you love it and want to keep your game, you will be invoiced for the open box cost of $55 less the trial fee paid or (2) you can return the game using our pre-paid return label.
- You will receive an open box, excellent condition game. We thoroughly inspect and sanitize all pieces in between trials.
- At checkout we require you to agree to our full terms and conditions which you can read here.
- Any other questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Didn't make Musk's shortlist to colonize Mars? No worries, this game will give you a taste on what you may be missing out on. In the 2400s, mankind is forced to terraform Mars (we will not comment on climate change, oops). To do this, giant corporations sponsored by the World Government on Earth initiate huge projects.
In Terraforming Mars, you play one of those corporations. Earn prestige by contributing to the terraforming process and advancing infrastructure in the solar system. The goals are to do all of the following: raise oxygen levels to 24%, raise the temperature to 8°C (a chilly day in Atlanta), and cover Mars with oceans (30% of the planet will do). This is a resource management game similar to a few other titles we carry, but with the twist that quite a few of the cards that can be played can actually attack other players. Cooperative? Nope, not in this capitalist game.
- Multi award winner - this game has won the critics (and us) over, pretty sure it will win you over too!
- Strategy - there is a lot of critical thinking involved, luck alone won't let you win this one