Quick Takes: 2-5 players 120-140 minutes per game Ages 14+ Level 3 (Ready for a new challenge? Try this advanced game)
Questions about Trials? Glad you asked! Here are some key things to know before you purchase:
- We do open box trials of games for 30 days. The 30 day trial period starts from the date you receive the game
- At the end of the 30 day trial, you have two options: (1) if you love and want to keep your game you will be invoiced for the open box cost of $60 less the trial fee paid or (2) you can return the game using our pre-paid return label
- You will receive an open box, excellent condition game. We thoroughly inspect and sanitize all pieces in between trials.
- At checkout we require you to agree to our full terms and conditions you can see here
- Any other questions? please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Descent is a semi-cooperative (new category for us here!) campaign game in which one player is the evil overlord while the rest are the courageous heroes. Each of the heroes has their own unique powers and in what is a common theme among fantasy games, the goal is simple: heroes need to work together to defeat the evil lord by successfully conquering the dungeon and taking its main treasures while the overlord wins when the other players all effectively die. Seems simple right? Wrong! This game is very complex with many rules to learn, and it's a campaign game designed to be played over several different sessions. Each campaign has its own map made up of tiles. If you don't have time for a full campaign, you can also play a single quest. Overall, the quests are very creative, story-driven, and thematic. It's not hard to see why this game has been such a success. It perfectly implements the feel of a tabletop role-playing game ("RPG").
This is the second edition of Descent: Journeys in the Dark, which is more streamlined than the original from 2005. We use the word "streamlined" lightly, as there's plenty to keep track of in this second edition ("2E"). With over 40 hours of play to complete the campaign, we highly recommend this game for people that like making a commitment to board games.
Another great feature of Descent 2E is the companion app, Road to Legend (available on Steam). When you play with Road to Legend, the app assumes the role of the evil overlord. This allows Descent to play as a fully cooperative game. The app also has a tutorial mission to shorten your learning curve.
- Meets the challenge - the twists in this game make it a great new game for an advanced board gamer
- Campaign game - great for a regular board game group
- Flexible playing - you can play it as a full co-op with the app, or as a semi-coop with a larger group
- One of the most successful fantasy board games out there
- Golden Geek Best Gamer's Board Game Nominee - 2006