Games for the Holidays
Not to brag, but as board game store owners, Annie and Lisa are seen as board game experts by our friends and family. Come November, the most popular question we get asked is, "help! I've got family coming over for [insert your biggest family gathering holiday here - Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, you name it]. What game should we play?" We've got you covered!
Here are our top 3 game recommendations to keep your family entertained for the holidays: Werewords, Just One, and Dixit.
This is hands down our favorite game of 2020!
- 4-10 players
- 20 questions with a secret role twist
- A round takes 5-10 minutes with next-to-no setup
- Uses an app (free on IOS/Android)
Our households are multi-lingual, so word games can be a challenge. We love this picture-based game for a group!
- 3-8 players
- Storytelling through pictures
- Scoring can be adjusted to allow for more players (or play on teams for a big group)
- Plays in 30 minutes
Why Just One?
This is a cooperative word game, great for families that get a wee bit competitive (not that we know anyone like that).
- 3-7 players (can be expanded with teams)
- Set-up takes about 30 seconds
- Plays in 20 minutes